The two-day program provides theoretical and practical information about factors which affect on the taste of a coffee drink and professional techniques for preparing a delicious cup of Brewed coffee.
Sensory analysis of coffee:
- Purpose and terminology.
- Physiology of perception of taste and aroma.
- Aroma and aromatic groups. Work with a set of flavors of «Aroma Map».
- Basic tastes.
- Procedure and conditions of conducting Cup Tasting.
- Tasting and comparative analysis of coffee: Arabica, Robusta, washed, honey, natural. Commercial і Specialty grade.
Understanding of green coffee:
- Coffee as a plant. Biodiversity and distribution.
- The chemical composition of the coffee.
- Methods of treatment and influence on taste.
- Commercial classification. Commercial і Specialty.
- Cup tasting – analytical rating of coffee. Defects of green coffee.
- Coffee roasting. Styles and degrees. Defects of roasting. Coffee decontamination.
- Coffee fresh, perfect packaging and storage.
Science and the theory of preparing the drink:
- The historical aspect of studying the Brewed coffee. Coffee brewing control chart.
- A variety of methods and tastes. Cultural benefits of different countries.
- Terminology of Brewing.
- Chemical composition of a coffee drink: soluble and insoluble substances, influence on taste.
- Dynamics of preparing the Brewed coffee. Wash and diffuse of substances.
- Variety of preparing methods. Grinding, filters and purity of taste.
- Conception of coffee extraction. Extraction and taste. Extraction options.
- Refractometry and Coffee Brewing Control Chart.
- Pour-over. Variety and methods of preparing.
- Vacuum coffee maker.
- Immersion dripper Bonavita.
- French press.
- Extraction management. The rule of “3T”.
- Getting the specified extraction parameters and taste strength.
- Cooperation with refereeing championships Brewers Cup.